New to Yoga
- Drink lots of water, ahead of time.
- Stay in the room, but sit or lay down as much as you need to (truly!).
- Follow the posture instructions, to the degree your body allows. If a pose includes something that you cannot yet do, stay there and practice that part befoere you try to add on to it.
What to bring:
- an open mind (truly!)
- water, mat, and a towel - or you can rent / purchase these items
Yoga Etiquette (how to be a great yogi):
- Please arrive to class 10-15 minutes early. Our classes begin promptly on time. No late arrivals: doors are locked when class begins for security purposes.
- Please turn off or silence your phone when you arrive. All cell phone use is to be done outside of the studio.
- Belongings may be stored on the shelves outside of the yoga studio, or in one of the lockers or hooks provided in the changing rooms.
- Please do not apply perfume, scented oils or lotions just prior to entering the studio. Some students have odor sensitivities and/or allergies.
- Have fun! There is no judgment, no fashion show, just a great workout and great people!
- Be well hydrated, which occurs mainly *before* class.
- For most people; Don’t practice on a full stomach (light foods such as bananas or yogurts tend to be easier to practice with)
- Listen to your body! Sit or lay down as you need to, but try to stay in the room.